In the nude

I’ve gotten bunches of requests for what I used on my sis in this photo.
So here is the shpiel:

I started by using Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm in Nude Glow on her whole face.
Then I went crazy with the contour in her cheek bones, on the sides of her nose and under her lip. Using theBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer.
Next I took a medium sized shadow brush and took the bronzer in her crease and under her eyes focusing on the outside corner heavily and leaving her inner corner bare.
I used a dark brown eyeshadow to fill her brows and also on her upper lash line.
I then took the CoverGirl Perfect Blend Pencil Mink and lined (then blended) her lips.
Next I highlighted under her eyes, on her cheek bones, in the inner corner of her eyes and her nose with Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Nude.
Heavy mascara L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Full-Definition Mascara, Blackest Black
And finally I used Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Nude Nuances – this is an AWESOME nude lipstick for cheap!

This makeup is perfect for an occasion when you want to look super gorgeous but like you don’t even have to try…so pretty much anytime.

oh and by the way do you guys follow me on instagram?…because I post the coolest stuff.
(my name is maskcara BTW)

26 Comments

• Ashley flowers

01.08.2012 at 17:34 Reply

Can u get all of those products in town ? Or they only at sephora ?

• caralynee

01.08.2012 at 20:59 Reply

you can get most of it at Ulta, the bronzer you can only get online (I have the link) but you could use whatever bronzer you already have as well.

• Bobbie Sue

01.08.2012 at 18:46 Reply

Hey I was wondering what a good nude lip would be for someone with fair skin? I tried a couple different nude colors and they seem to wash me out HELP! 😉

• kate

01.08.2012 at 19:06 Reply

she looks beautiful! did you use any sort of blush? i really like how her cheeks look. (& thanks for the maybelline nude lipcolor recommendation!! :) )

• kate

01.08.2012 at 19:35 Reply

oh bummer that shade was from a limited edition collection & i can’t find it anywhere! of course! 😛 lol

• caralynee

01.08.2012 at 20:55 Reply

So lame! I know they had it yesterday at Walgreens though! SO check there!

• caralynee

01.08.2012 at 20:55 Reply

I forgot to add the blush! I used Babydoll Tarte cheekstain!

• Caitlin

01.08.2012 at 20:06 Reply

SO pretty and helpful! Thank you!!!

• wendy cline

01.08.2012 at 22:24 Reply

Cara, it seems a little bit like the makeup you did for the smokey eye tutorial, except the eyeshadow is different. I bought all the makeup you suggested for the smokey eye and now with your ideas I have another look I can use with the same makeup! Great! Would love to see you do the eye makeup shown here in a video :)

• Eileen

02.08.2012 at 00:08 Reply

I can’t find the Dream LUMI anywhere. Where did you find it?

• caralynee

02.08.2012 at 17:38 Reply

Walmart walgreens or Target all carry it!

• Kelsey

02.08.2012 at 21:00 Reply

I can’t find that color on display. I’ve been to two different stores. I only saw nude bronze? Where did you buy???

• caralynee

03.08.2012 at 17:14 Reply

Walgreens! They had one just two days ago! I am going to keep my eye out, if I see one Ill buy it!

• Ashley

03.08.2012 at 00:04 Reply

I ran out looking for Maybelline Nude Nuances and neither Ulta or CVS had it. Maybe it’s discontinued? I can’t find it online for sale either.

• caralynee

03.08.2012 at 17:13 Reply

OH MAN! Why do I always have to fall in love with the summer flings?? I found one just the other day at Walgreens so there is hope, keep your eye out! If I see another one I will for sure buy it for you!

• caity

03.08.2012 at 18:44 Reply

she looks exactly like michelle money!! crazy! so beautiful :)

• Leah

09.08.2012 at 19:37 Reply

the makeup looks lightweight and natural.
    i can never seem to find makeup that looks natural on my skin.
    also, all the makeup i get comes off way too easily, despite the fact that it says, “long lasting” or “super-stay”.
    before i go out and buy the beauty balm, is it pretty good about lasting and staying on?

one more question, how did you apply it? fingers, brush, or sponge?

• Samantha Murphey

09.08.2012 at 23:12 Reply

Here’s a subject for a post sometime:

Blush and bronzer for different types of cheeks! I’ve never read anything about it, and I’ve always wondered. I have really dominant cheek bones already and sometimes I look at photos of myself with blush on and I feel like I’m all cheeks. But without it, my face looks flat. Also, why does blush/bronzer sometimes have a muddy look on me? Help! :)

• Chelsey

10.08.2012 at 20:22 Reply

Love this makeup, but I really love the color and cut of her hair. What would I ask for at the salon if I wanted to go for this look? Thanks Caralynee, beautiful as always :)

• Christy in NC

19.08.2012 at 02:24 Reply

I just found your site through Pinterest, and I love it!! Can’t wait to try some of your tutorials. I do have a question for you, though. I have very fair skin. Like vampire fair. Should I do bronzer for contouring, and if so, can you recommend a shade that won’t make look like I’ve been standing in a spray tanner all day? Thanks so much!!

• amber

26.08.2012 at 22:49 Reply

AH I love this, but I am make up challenged!! Will you PLEASE post this as a tutorial? I am IN LOVE. XO

• Brooke

30.08.2012 at 13:36 Reply

I second Amber’s comment. This look is fantastic, but I too am challenged (that’s putting it lightly) in the makeup department! Video tutorial PLEASE?!

• RosyRilli

11.12.2012 at 19:25 Reply

You did such an amazing job. She looks gorgeous!

• Rachel

01.08.2013 at 15:27 Reply

Love this light makeup look. Cara, would the too faced bb cream in that shade be ok for tan(about an nc42 to 45) skin? I might’ve missed seeing this If done already, but would love a blog from you on picking right shades for darker skin tones since i dont listen to anyone else anymore but you :)

• Marta

13.08.2013 at 19:16 Reply

I just now saw this post and love it! Do you know if Maybelline has a color that is similar to Nude Nuances now? It is a lovely shade and I would like to try it. Thanks!