Makeup Tutorials

In the nude

I’ve gotten bunches of requests for what I used on my sis in this photo.
So here is the shpiel:

I started by using Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm in Nude Glow on her whole face.
Then I went crazy with the contour in her cheek bones, on the sides of her nose and under her lip. Using theBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer.
Next I took a medium sized shadow brush and took the bronzer in her crease and under her eyes focusing on the outside corner heavily and leaving her inner corner bare.
I used a dark brown eyeshadow to fill her brows and also on her upper lash line.
I then took the CoverGirl Perfect Blend Pencil Mink and lined (then blended) her lips.
Next I highlighted under her eyes, on her cheek bones, in the inner corner of her eyes and her nose with Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Nude.
Heavy mascara L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Full-Definition Mascara, Blackest Black
And finally I used Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Nude Nuances – this is an AWESOME nude lipstick for cheap!

This makeup is perfect for an occasion when you want to look super gorgeous but like you don’t even have to try…so pretty much anytime.

oh and by the way do you guys follow me on instagram?…because I post the coolest stuff.
(my name is maskcara BTW)

Ashley flowers
    August 1, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Can u get all of those products in town ? Or they only at sephora ?

August 1, 2012 at 8:59 pm

you can get most of it at Ulta, the bronzer you can only get online (I have the link) but you could use whatever bronzer you already have as well.

Bobbie Sue
    August 1, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Hey I was wondering what a good nude lip would be for someone with fair skin? I tried a couple different nude colors and they seem to wash me out HELP! 😉

August 1, 2012 at 7:06 pm

she looks beautiful! did you use any sort of blush? i really like how her cheeks look. (& thanks for the maybelline nude lipcolor recommendation!! 🙂 )

August 1, 2012 at 7:35 pm

oh bummer that shade was from a limited edition collection & i can’t find it anywhere! of course! 😛 lol

August 1, 2012 at 8:55 pm

So lame! I know they had it yesterday at Walgreens though! SO check there!

August 1, 2012 at 8:55 pm

I forgot to add the blush! I used Babydoll Tarte cheekstain!

August 1, 2012 at 8:06 pm

SO pretty and helpful! Thank you!!!

wendy cline
    August 1, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Cara, it seems a little bit like the makeup you did for the smokey eye tutorial, except the eyeshadow is different. I bought all the makeup you suggested for the smokey eye and now with your ideas I have another look I can use with the same makeup! Great! Would love to see you do the eye makeup shown here in a video 🙂

August 2, 2012 at 12:08 am

I can’t find the Dream LUMI anywhere. Where did you find it?

August 2, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Walmart walgreens or Target all carry it!

August 2, 2012 at 9:00 pm

I can’t find that color on display. I’ve been to two different stores. I only saw nude bronze? Where did you buy???

August 3, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Walgreens! They had one just two days ago! I am going to keep my eye out, if I see one Ill buy it!

August 3, 2012 at 12:04 am

I ran out looking for Maybelline Nude Nuances and neither Ulta or CVS had it. Maybe it’s discontinued? I can’t find it online for sale either.

August 3, 2012 at 5:13 pm

OH MAN! Why do I always have to fall in love with the summer flings?? I found one just the other day at Walgreens so there is hope, keep your eye out! If I see another one I will for sure buy it for you!

August 3, 2012 at 6:44 pm

she looks exactly like michelle money!! crazy! so beautiful 🙂

August 9, 2012 at 7:37 pm

the makeup looks lightweight and natural.
    i can never seem to find makeup that looks natural on my skin.
    also, all the makeup i get comes off way too easily, despite the fact that it says, “long lasting” or “super-stay”.
    before i go out and buy the beauty balm, is it pretty good about lasting and staying on?

one more question, how did you apply it? fingers, brush, or sponge?

Samantha Murphey
    August 9, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Here’s a subject for a post sometime:

Blush and bronzer for different types of cheeks! I’ve never read anything about it, and I’ve always wondered. I have really dominant cheek bones already and sometimes I look at photos of myself with blush on and I feel like I’m all cheeks. But without it, my face looks flat. Also, why does blush/bronzer sometimes have a muddy look on me? Help! 🙂

August 10, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Love this makeup, but I really love the color and cut of her hair. What would I ask for at the salon if I wanted to go for this look? Thanks Caralynee, beautiful as always 🙂

Christy in NC
    August 19, 2012 at 2:24 am

I just found your site through Pinterest, and I love it!! Can’t wait to try some of your tutorials. I do have a question for you, though. I have very fair skin. Like vampire fair. Should I do bronzer for contouring, and if so, can you recommend a shade that won’t make look like I’ve been standing in a spray tanner all day? Thanks so much!!

August 26, 2012 at 10:49 pm

AH I love this, but I am make up challenged!! Will you PLEASE post this as a tutorial? I am IN LOVE. XO

August 30, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I second Amber’s comment. This look is fantastic, but I too am challenged (that’s putting it lightly) in the makeup department! Video tutorial PLEASE?!

December 11, 2012 at 7:25 pm

You did such an amazing job. She looks gorgeous!

August 1, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Love this light makeup look. Cara, would the too faced bb cream in that shade be ok for tan(about an nc42 to 45) skin? I might’ve missed seeing this If done already, but would love a blog from you on picking right shades for darker skin tones since i dont listen to anyone else anymore but you 🙂

August 13, 2013 at 7:16 pm

I just now saw this post and love it! Do you know if Maybelline has a color that is similar to Nude Nuances now? It is a lovely shade and I would like to try it. Thanks!