The sweetest thing.

Let me be the first to say that when I think of red lips the word sweet isn’t really first to come to mind…

Other S words like Siren, Sexy, or Sinful come to mind first.

And yet, a few photos I saw recently showed me that, when paired with soft hair, subtle eye makeup  and a serene white top…

red lips can be as sweet as a kitten in a mailbox.

…OK ALMOST as sweet.

I used: NYX Round Case Lipstick Chic Red

July 23, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Maybe you’ve already gone over this (if so, could you point me in the direction of that post?), but HOW DO YOU DO A MATTE RED LIP?? My lips are healthy and moisturized and chap-free and it still goes on uneven and stays on for about a split-second. I’ve yet to find a primer that works (Two-Faced was gloopy and gluey and gross), and I don’t have sixty dollars to spend on a pencil, primer, lipstick, whatnot, and whatever else the MAC guy tried to sell me. Is there an easier and cheaper way?

July 23, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Try putting a matte concealer on your lips first like Laura Mercier or foundation. Choose a lipstick that is not super shiny either. I like to use tarte lip stain. It stains on forever and it’s matte but healthy looking. This is going to sound so shallow, but I loathed the thought of having ugly “having a baby” pictures, yet I obviously was not going to be focused on reapplying my lipgloss. I used my tarte lip stain and my lips gave me just enough color to not have the cliche ugly “giving birth” pictures. 🙂

July 24, 2012 at 12:22 am

We were on the same page today. I achieved my look with Revlon’s Candy Apple Lip Butter, applied lightly. Sweet as pie.

July 24, 2012 at 12:52 am

Is there a good red stain you recommend? I LOVE red lips, but I want a stain so it will stay on all day. I tried the new maybelline one and it didn’t stay. I tried the pencil of the Revlon “Just Bitten” in “Romantic” and I liked the endurance but the color wasn’t red enough.

July 24, 2012 at 12:56 am

Are there certain shades that look better with certain hair colors or do you think it’s just based on skin tones? I’ve bought a few shades over the past, and they all tend to make my entire face look pink-ish.

July 24, 2012 at 2:36 am

Get some wet and wild brand red matte lipstick. They have a package with one lipstick and a lip liner at Walgreens for $2. It works great!

July 24, 2012 at 5:00 am

where do you get NYX stuff? i can’t find it anywhere!

November 17, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Righty-oh, I’m definitely going to look out the bmslieh balm and eye palette. Haven’t tried anything from Boots 17 for ages but these look great on you. Thanks for posting.

blackhat software
    July 24, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Hi there, I found your website by way of Google even as searching for a related matter, your site came up, it seems good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

July 27, 2012 at 6:04 pm