Date Night Makeup

This makeup look is pretty much gorgeous on anyone.

It’s a dark eye + nude lip that is SO easy.

Whether you are an eye shadow ninja who applies every layer with skill and precision or you are like me…somewhat lacking on the perfectionism scale,  YOU can do this look.

Date Makeup

And don’t forget to  let me know how smokin’ hot you look/feel when you do.

Products I used;

My Eye Shadow Primer HERE for recipe
SEPHORA COLLECTION Moonshadow Baked Palette – In the Dark
L’Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner, Black, 0.087 Ounce
MAC Eye Shadow NEHRU 1.5g/0.05oz
Tarte Cheek Stain Doll Face
Maybelline New York Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer, Nude, 0.05 Fluid Ounce
CoverGirl Perfect Blend Pencil Mink(W) 115, (Pack of 2)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Rouge Shine Lipstick No. 03 Tenderness – Glossy 0.13 oz
NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss, Sugar Pie, 0.37 Ounce

• Carly

16.07.2012 at 16:22 Reply

Love this look!! Can u please tell me what color or box color your use?! Love the shade!!

• caralynee

18.07.2012 at 04:22 Reply

Yes! I use Garnier Fructise color in Soft black for my roots…and other than that my hair is a total mutt of chocolatey brown and who knows what over the years but I mostly just leave that alone and dye the roots….

• Carly

16.07.2012 at 16:23 Reply

Sorry – to clarify i mean hair color! :)

16.07.2012 at 16:56 Reply

Beautiful! I just started using that magic lumi stuff and I really like it. Another great tutorial!!!

• kate

16.07.2012 at 17:04 Reply

looks great! i always want to do this look, but i have super sensitive/allergic skin and my lips break out in sores if i use certain kinds of lipstick or gloss… i’ve found i can only use some in the smashbox or maybelline brands. can you recommend any lip colors in those lines? i LOVE your nude lip, it’s perfect.

• caralynee

18.07.2012 at 04:21 Reply

Let me do some testing and find you a good one in those brands! THanks Kate!

• Michelle

16.07.2012 at 18:30 Reply

You are seriously just beautiful!! And I LOVE and am so grateful for all of your tutorials…and I think my husband it too! :) I hope you don’t mind but me and my sisters have a blog together… and that share all of our good finds. So I put your blog on there so people can know where to find the best tutorials! You are amazing! Thank you!

• caralynee

18.07.2012 at 04:21 Reply

THANK you so so much! I love your blog right back! Thanks Michelle!

• Ariel

16.07.2012 at 18:47 Reply

Perfect I love it! Question I’ve been loosing sleep over: I don’t own any ‘nice’ eye shadows, do you think the moon shadow pallet would be a good starting place for someone who isn’t planning on buying many other eye shadows anytime soon? I’ve noticed you have used it in other tutorials. Also I want to buy some ‘nice’ brushes for said eyeshadow, are there a few you can recommend that are essential for a variety of looks? Thankyou so much for your amazing tutorials and being so down to earth about makeup! I love love your blog!
    Oh one more thing-would love to see tutorial on the hair you have in the picture here!

• Christina

17.07.2012 at 04:20 Reply

Ahh I love it!! Can you please do some tutorials on the Moonshadow Baked Palette – In The Nude? I got that because you said it was one of your top ten products…and I would love to see a beautiful way to use it….because I lack any skills in the makeup department. Thanks so much! Keep posting tutorials please! I’m learning so much from you.

• caralynee

18.07.2012 at 04:17 Reply

YES! I am sorry I should have mentioned in the tutorial that you could TOTALLY do this same look with that pallet too! Basically the exact same way I did with the new one!

• Haily

17.07.2012 at 05:50 Reply

So I have been wanting to tell you for like ever now how much you help me! I’m still in highschool and you are such and inspiration to be because when i graduate i want to become a makeup artist. Love all your tutorials, you are beautiful!!

• caralynee

18.07.2012 at 04:11 Reply

Thank you SOOO much Haily! It sounds silly but I seriously choked up when I read your comment. SO sweet! I am so excited they you are going to be a makeup artist! IF you ever need any help or have any questions I hope you won’t hesitate to come to me! LOVE AND HUGS!

• Amber

17.07.2012 at 19:33 Reply

Do you have eyelash extensions in this video? & Would you recommend getting eyelash extensions?

• caralynee

18.07.2012 at 04:08 Reply

yes and YES! I love them! BUT you HAVE to have them done by someone reputable…or else they can be a disaster!

• Candice

17.07.2012 at 20:50 Reply

I love your tutorials, I have a problem though, When ever I go to high light under my eyes it ends up looking really gray. I have super dark circles, so I dont know if I am just SOL but I was wondering if you have any suggestions for me? Thanks!

• Scarlett

18.07.2012 at 02:28 Reply

gorge as always! would love to hear your ideas on bridal makeup. perhaps a future tutorial??

• caralynee

18.07.2012 at 04:03 Reply

Thank you! Yes! I just got engaged so I will be totally thinking BRIDAL!

• Scarlett

18.07.2012 at 14:16 Reply

ahhh that is SO awesome, congratulations!! :)

• kate

18.07.2012 at 16:26 Reply

congratulations!! :)

• audrey

19.07.2012 at 06:22 Reply

not just gorgeous, but you’re adorable!! i tried to meet up with you once before, but it didn’t pan out. one of these days i will get myself over to st. george and have a maskCARA makeover!!

• audrey

19.07.2012 at 06:24 Reply

p.s. can you find an asian/half-asian girl to makeover to give some of us half-asians some tips? : )

• Kendall

02.08.2012 at 17:24 Reply

Such a great tutorial; it was so easy for me to follow and I was stunned to see that the results turned out perfectly!!! I can’t wait to show my sister!!! Thanks!!!

• Natalie

09.08.2012 at 02:52 Reply

I’m so happy to find a smokey eye that doesn’t make us dark haired girls look goth or like raccoons!!! Love this whole tutorial. Any videos on how to look good in the new bright lipstick trend going on???????

• Joyce

19.08.2012 at 18:52 Reply

You have given me the confidence to experiment with my makeup. Thank you! I love the looks you do – both hair and makeup.

• Adri

20.08.2012 at 03:43 Reply

I have kind of an unrelated question about your skin tone..I love dark hair on me about the color of yours but I find that unless I am fairly tan it always washes me out, especially in the winter when I can get really pale. Do you tan a lot? Or if not, what kind of bronzer/self-tan do you use?

• Cara

20.08.2012 at 21:33 Reply

I am olive but when I don’t tan I am white as a sickly ghost! My skin rarely sees the real sun though, it’s all my self tanner to blame! I’m obsessed with it! Sun Laboratories Tan Overnight Self Tanning
      this bottle will last you a year at least!

• Krista

29.08.2012 at 19:12 Reply

Just want to stop by and tell you how wonderful I think your tutorials are. And it really helps that you are very personable and sweet. I’ve never had the confidence to do anything crazy with my makeup until now. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for these tutorials. I get so many compliments on my looks lately and it’s all because of you! Keep in being amazing!

• anna B

03.10.2012 at 06:59 Reply

I just found you from Pinterest!!!…….totally adore you. You are so fun & real….love it…..

Anyway 40 yrs old & you are the first girl to not make me be scared to try smokey eye…..

I tried it last nite and looooved it….can’t wait to do it for a night out! or Vegas!
    Anna Bella

• catchingglimpsesphotography

11.04.2013 at 12:39 Reply

Do you have a natural tan in this picture or is it the sunless tanner? If it’s the tanner, I’m buying it ASAP!

• Cara

11.04.2013 at 14:28 Reply

It’s ALWAYS sunless tanner:)

• Christa Hoffarth

12.05.2013 at 08:53 Reply

I have never learned properly how to do make up before. Thank you so much for sharing your insightful techniques to bring confidence to so many of us! I have gone out and changed up my makeup choices. Your gift brings confidence to so many :)

• Amanda

29.05.2013 at 18:12 Reply

OMG i would love it if you did my make up for my wedding in vegas!!!!

• courtney

04.06.2013 at 19:41 Reply

I find you to be so gorgeous with makeup on….but I absolutively posolutely love your face at the beginning of the video. Sooo beautiful.

• Jennifer

17.06.2013 at 21:09 Reply

Thanks so much for sharing your tips and tricks!! cant wait to try them out…..especially the smokey eye since I usually look like a racoon when I do it….LOL! What eye shaddow colors would you recommend for hazel eyes?? OH YEA and thanks so much for the false eyelash video!!!

• Richelle Garden

06.07.2013 at 09:26 Reply

I’ve always wondered how to do a sexy smokey eye like this! Love how the highlighter finished it off. What did you use??? Thank you!!

• Lori

27.07.2013 at 03:17 Reply

Hey cara, your skin looks so beautiful! What face lotion do you use to make your skin look so healthy?

• Whitney Maness

23.08.2013 at 20:37 Reply

Hi Cara! What kind of foundation (if any) are you wearing in this video? Your skin looks flawless! LOVE your blog!

• Sarah

04.09.2013 at 22:16 Reply

I had a quick question. So in your video you said you use carbon from MAC but under the video you listed nehru. I was wondering does it matter which? And if so which one? Thanks! Love your tutorials by the way! I have a whole list of stuff I want to try out! lol!

• Rachael

05.09.2013 at 18:13 Reply

Hi Cara! I never used to wear make-up but I’m slowly starting to wear it daily. I have a formal affair coming up and was wondering if you have a smokey eye tutorial with a bronze color?