AskCara DIY Hair Hair Products Makeup Makeup Products

My Top Hair and makeup tips for BEATING THE HEAT!

It’s getting pretty hot out there.
Like cursing-your-leather-seats, cutting-off-the-bottom-half-of-all-of-your-jeans hot.
It’s times like these that I need a secret weapon to keep to heat from zapping my fresh factor.
Without these I would be a wilted and makeup melted mess.

Secret Weapon #1:PSSSST!

I don’t know how I survived before this.
Between dry shampoo and deodorant I may never shower again!
Spray this into your roots to banish grease and add instant body.
I like this brand the best because it doesn’t leave my scalp feeling like an SOS pad or get cakey like some of the others.
Plus its cheap. (Find it at Wal-Mart)

If the heat has a tendency of melting the makeup right off your face you’ll need a translucent face powder. It soaks up extra oils and sets your makeup in place.
With a big fluffy brush apply a very sheer coat to your face as the last step of your makeup.
You can buy one, use the one you already have or make it with stuff from your house like this:

Have a Fresh-to-death day!

Jessica jones
    July 13, 2012 at 2:10 am

I have a huge problem!!! My mascara tends to always run Ive tried waterproof but it does the same exact thing! Is there something I can do to stop it? Please help!:)

July 16, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I switched to the tube style mascara for this exact reason. L’oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes to be precise – although there are a few brands available. It never, ever, ever runs or smudges (once it’s dry, when it’s wet you have to be careful). I used to look like a full-time racoon.

July 13, 2012 at 4:22 am

I was wondering if you had any tips on doing makeup for people with really long/prominent chins? Is there a way to disguise?

Love your blog.

Rebecca Stewart
      July 13, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I had the same problem. Try the translucent powder! I dust my lashes and under my eyes before I put on mascara on. It makes a huge difference! I don’t have to use waterproof anymore!

Ali Muzzalupo
    July 13, 2012 at 5:31 am

I used the cornstarch today (it was 108 in Northern California) and it was perfect! I can’t believe I used to spend $20 on Mineral Veil. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! btw this blog came along at the perfect time in my life. I am almost 7 mos pregnant and really needed a beauty boost:)

Nicole Lopez
    July 13, 2012 at 9:48 am

Pssst is also my favorite – and for the same reasons! I’ve tried expensive kinds thinking they would be better – wrong! This is the best

Jessica jones
    July 13, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Thank you Rebecca!!

July 14, 2012 at 4:02 am

Have you tried the umberto giannini dry shampoo? It’s $8.99 which is pretty cheap and sells at target. I find it pretty good but I was wondering if pssssst is better and cheaper? Thanks.

September 2, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I didn’t wear make-up until I was around 14-15 but steppod wearing it around 19. I only started wearing it again because I wanted to look more professional at work, but that was when I was about 23/24.I wore it because of peer pressure and because my mother never taught me how to wear it (I wore it when I moved in with my dad) I never LEARNT how to wear it properly!I think it’s really important to be taught how to wear it to enhance your natural beauty. And one of the best tips I received was to pick either my eyes or my lips and draw attention to one of them, not both!Now-a-days I only wear it when I go to work because (and I have tested this) my husband can’t tell the difference anyway (apparently I look lovely all the time! lol)Good Luck!

April 21, 2014 at 8:23 am

First off I think you’re amazing!! I just discovered your blog a few months ago and I’m in love with it! You’re so real and down to earth. I’ve never been that interested in makeup til now…and i love it! Question for ya, the link to the homemade setting powder doesn’t lead to anywhere. So how do you make it? And second question, in another post of yours you talked about using coconut oil for shaving? I’m very interested because I too have super sensitive skin and my legs are almost always itchy. So do you just put the coconut oil directly on your legs and just shave it off??