Supernatural Beauty

Super stars want to be hotter and cooler than the regular people, it’s part of their job. It’s how they widen the gap between them and the rest of us.

I happen to believe they are full of it most of the time. ..

“Oh yeah, I ate a big cheeseburger before that fashion show.”
“I would never get Botox, my brow furrow is naturally paralyzed. Genetics, I guess.”
And a personal favorite of mine:
“I’m not wearing makeup.”

This tutorial is going to show you how to do your makeup in a way that says:

“Yeah, this is just my face. I am just a natural born hottie. No maintenance needed.”

kim

I used:
Makeup Forever HD Foundation in 130
Loreal Magic Lumi Primer
Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer in SC3
Base Shadow: MAC Blanc
Light Shadow: MAC Quarry
Dark Shadow: MAC Charcoal Brown
Mac Eyeliner in Teddy
Tarte Cheekstain in Tickled
Covergirl Perfect Blend Liner in Mink (for lips)
Lip Fusion Gloss in Flush

49 Comments

• Katy Gwynn

07.02.2012 at 23:35 Reply

Hi Cara!
    I loved this look. I’m going to try it! Did you receive my email about possible makeover? I emailed your gmail account.
    Thanks!
    Katy

• Anna

08.02.2012 at 02:15 Reply

I LOVE this tutorial!! Defiantly doing this tomorrow :] I was wondering, for the magic lumi, what kind of product is it? Is it an illuminator or primer or both? Do you normally mix it with your foundation and is there any way to use it with bare minerals foundation? Thank you so much for sharing!!

08.02.2012 at 02:42 Reply

Thanks Anna! It’s a primer and a luminater if you are using it in conjunction with bare minerals I would say just use it as a primer.

• Kendal

08.02.2012 at 18:25 Reply

I am a stay at home mom and tend to stay in work out pants and braided hair! Lol. You have inspired me to try some new make up techniques and hopefully not look like a slob all day!! You are great at what you do, really enjoy the tips!

• Valyss

01.09.2012 at 20:27 Reply

For free foundation smalpes you can go to department stores such as macy’s and go to the make up counter of your choice and ask them to find your shade of foundation. They’ll send you home with a couple sample bottles for you to try out! I remember that lancome did this for my friend and i’m pretty sure other brands do it as well. Hope this helps!

• Genevieve

08.02.2012 at 18:45 Reply

It was a happy day when I found your blog, but a sad one when I got to the end of your tutorials! Now I am just stuck waiting for new posts like everyone else. Just wanted to say FABULOUS blog! All your tutorials and posts are so practical and useful. Thanks for them!

• kimi

09.02.2012 at 03:09 Reply

I love this look it looks so natural and you really look exactly I mean EXACTLY like kim, Gorgeous!!
    Also, I know you mentioned that you haven’t found a kind you like for when you do your contouring, but what were some of the products you were using?
    Thanks love your blog by the way I check it every day..maybe more 😉

• Lindsay

09.02.2012 at 04:50 Reply

Where can I find that lip gloss?

11.02.2012 at 04:10 Reply

Oddly enough, Sephora recently stopped carrying Fusion! Nordstrom carries it still though.

• Brandi

09.02.2012 at 05:16 Reply

very pretty! I’m trying it tomorrow as well!! thanks for the help!

run-style-run.blogspot.com

• Rachel

09.02.2012 at 16:54 Reply

Ok so I know this one is about makeup, (which by the way is beautiful) but I can’t help noticing your perfect supermodel fingernails. They’re that nude color and look long without having daggers. I have short round sad nails lol. Any suggestions?

11.02.2012 at 04:08 Reply

Haha oh I am really glad you can’t see my nails close up! They really are pitiful! The color is those new stick on nail colors they have in the light pink. Other than that I think you would be afraid if you saw mine in person :)

• gen.

09.02.2012 at 21:21 Reply

Just saw this and made me want to share it with u since u are also a beauty fan and Victoria Secret fan. :)

11.02.2012 at 04:05 Reply

Thanks for sharing!

• Lori

10.02.2012 at 21:21 Reply

I love your blog and have tried some of the products you have suggested and I love them. I want to pick up some of the Magic Lumi next. Loreal actually has another primer called Studio Secrets that I am considering getting that has a green tint to it. It claims to control redness and I need that due to a bit of rosacea on my cheeks. Have you ever tried that one? I also want to try the Laura Mercier concealer you have too- I’m willing to try anything to cover the redness! If you have any other suggestions- please share. :) BTW, I can not get over how much you look like Kim. You really do!!! You are beautiful.

11.02.2012 at 04:03 Reply

Thank you so much Lori! I have not tried the Studio Secrets but the primer I have tried that was AMAZING with redness was Stila One Step, It’s pretty pricey though. I think you will be really happy with the Laura Mercier to cover the redness too. It’s incredible!

• Rachel

11.02.2012 at 13:14 Reply

Lovin your blog. Have shared multiple posts on Pinterest :) I was curious about the lipliner you said you used. I can only find Covergirl Mink in an eyeliner. Are you using that or is there another that is strictly a lipliner? Thanks for helping all of us makeup-challenged individuals! Looking forward to more tutorials :)

12.02.2012 at 20:04 Reply

yep that’s the one! It is an eyeliner but I bent the rules a bit… Thanks so much!

• kate

15.02.2012 at 17:41 Reply

love your blog! just wondering if you color hair and if you do, if you know what the color is? it’s beautiful and the color i’m trying to get–dark but not black, but just can’t get it exactly right… i think you said you sister is a hairstylist (me too actually lol), she does a great job! :)

• Eileen

15.02.2012 at 18:20 Reply

You showed us how much of the foundation to use … but how much primer is added to that to get the luminous look you are doing?

16.02.2012 at 03:59 Reply

half and half:)

• sarah

18.02.2012 at 20:27 Reply

it would be really helpful if you showed the colours you are using in your videos! i like how you give some of the names but actually seeing the colours would be good so its easy to find dupes.

18.02.2012 at 21:52 Reply

good call! I will do it!

• Michelle

19.02.2012 at 03:47 Reply

Oh Cara!! Love love love your blog! It’s become my favorite :) Thanks so much for all the work you put into it :) I was just wondering have you ever thought of doing a Sophia Vergara look?

And do u have any thoughts on the morphe nuetral pallet? I ordered the brush set from overstock and wanna give that pallete a whirl..

Big thanks & belly laughs to you
    Michelle

• Jay

20.02.2012 at 21:21 Reply

Love your blog! I know this tutorial is on make up but I love the blouse you are wearing. Where did you get it? We have family pictures coming up and I’m suppose to be in a cream shirt. =)

21.02.2012 at 16:46 Reply

Forever 21! But if you live in st. George you’re welcome to borrow mine:)

• Jill

20.02.2012 at 23:27 Reply

I found your blog via pinterest and I love it!! Thank you for posting the colors/product names so we can find them! I have bookmarked several of your make-up/hair tutorials. I can’t believe how much you look like each celeb when you do your makeup like them. I think you have a strong resemblance to Jessica Biel and Adriana Lima. You’re a beautiful mix of the two!

21.02.2012 at 16:45 Reply

Thank you so much!

• Anna

21.02.2012 at 23:18 Reply

Hi Cara,
    I just found your site today and I am in love! I am such a make-up freak and you have so many great tips! I need some advice though if you could PLEASE ANSWER! I have the worst skin (oily, big pores, and blemishes). What foundation should I use (not too expensive)??? Nothing works. It either looks cakey or there isnt enough coverage. Please help!

22.02.2012 at 19:55 Reply

Have you tried Makeup Forever HD?

• Anna

23.02.2012 at 04:08 Reply

I will, I’m just worried it won’t be enough coverage… :(

23.02.2012 at 05:30 Reply

Sephora will give you a sample. If you use that in conjunction with concealer it might be enough? Try it and if it doesn’t work we’ll figure something else out:)

• Sam

22.02.2012 at 19:24 Reply

I have been attempting this look for months! I am a dance teacher and I can’t stand to wear nothing on my face, I’m too self concious about my skin! But I hate coming in to teach a class caked on with makeup! I tried this yesterday and it is so perfect.

I absolutely LOVE your blog, Thank you!!

• Bridget

01.03.2012 at 04:05 Reply

I love your videos and I check everyday for a new one!!!!

• Trish

06.03.2012 at 06:03 Reply

Hi,
    I just discovered your blog last night after googling for details on how to achieve this cover look. This is the first time I’ve felt compelled to comment to a blogger. I have terrible skills when it comes to makeup and also find it extra difficult to do eye makeup because I am Asian and most looks don’t seem to work. I have tried watching and copying many tutorials and they never work for me. I tried this one today, using similar shades, and cannot believe the results! I really expected to have my typical “clownish” results, maybe only softened by the fact that the colors are soft. But instead, I was happy with my first attempt! This is the first time I have been able to apply eyeshadow in a flattering way. Between your technique and the matte soft colors, I finally have a way to use eyeshadow that doesn’t make me look like I got punched in the eye or did my makeup blindfolded. The results also gave me a new perspective on makeup, where I no longer feel I HAVE to master a dark, smokey eye. This look is far more practical for everyday and flattering for my face. I cannot thank you enough for posting this. I also love your Marisa Miller hair tutorial and will try that next. You are beautiful and kind to share your talent with everyone. :)

06.03.2012 at 18:35 Reply

Trish Thank you so so much for your comment, it really made my day. I am so happy this look works for you!

• Annmarie

07.03.2012 at 23:55 Reply

Hey Cara!

I found your blog from a pinterest post and can I just say that I love it!! I am a young mom of two and still like to get pretty and go out with my hubby. Your tutorials have made me feel like I can still be the pretty girl I was before the babies, being covered in spit-up, and buried in diapers! Thanks so much! I love the way you instruct and I can’t wait for more tutorials!

• Alexandria

16.04.2013 at 10:01 Reply

love your blog, keep up the beauty tips! Just wanted to mention I was looking at your (new) celebrity looks page and I noticed Kim’s last name was spelled wrong… you forgot to add the D 😡

• Alexandria

16.04.2013 at 10:02 Reply

oops, don’t know why there’s a mad icon there :/

• Jade

05.05.2013 at 11:45 Reply

Hi Cara! Could you give some drugstore options for this look? Thanks so much!!!

• Magen

16.06.2013 at 12:29 Reply

I am having major issues finding the Lip Fusion Gloss in Flush. I can only find it in a lip pencil. :-(

• Kaitlin

08.09.2013 at 16:44 Reply

Hi Cara! Love your posts, you’re so beautiful and talented! I can do a pretty good job applying makeup (when I’m not rushing to get to work :) ) but no matter what lotions, primers, liquid or powder foundations I use, the skin on my nose, forehead, and in between my eyebrows (t-zone) becomes so dry and flaky after just a few minutes! I’ve always had flaky skin (can’t find a good solution for that either!) around my nostrils, but now the dryness is all over and my makeup ends up looking horrible! Do you have any tips, tricks, or products you can share?
    Thanks so much for your help!
    Kaitlin

• boozeouis

15.09.2013 at 12:09 Reply

Oh my god Cara you look just like the Kim K cover it’s unreal. Thanks for another awesome tutorial :)

• Nancy

23.09.2013 at 20:55 Reply

Hi Cara! Is there a foundation for oily skin you could recommend?

• London

19.12.2013 at 02:53 Reply

I think this is my favorite video tutorial you’ve ever done. I love this sweet, pretty type of look. :)

• Mikayla

06.03.2014 at 17:38 Reply

Please make a serena van der woodsen tutorial!

• Boni

07.03.2014 at 16:58 Reply

Cara, seriously, could you be any more beautifu!? Well? Could you? :-) I also love your pretty hands, long slender fingers, and great nails. You could model every part of you! Did you know that? Probably not, so I am telling you. So now you know. Doesn’t it feel great to be in the know? :-) Now you’re in the loop. Get modelling! I can’t wait to see you on the cover of a beauty magazine. :-) Also, maybe enter some beauty pageants! It will help build up your resume’ even more. (Not that you need it). I knew this super gorgeous girl in high school named Kristal who entered so many beauty pageants a few years after high school was over for her and she was always in the paper! I was very excited for her. I was with a modeling agency at the time and wondered what it’d be like to be in beauty pageants. I wish I would’ve tried it out just for fun! This girl literally was just as beautiful on the inside as she was out. She was born sweet and genuine. Great girl! Just like you! Anyway, I want a copy of Time magazine with your article so I can keep it! You inspire me daily, Cara. You inspire everyone here daily. Can I still get your issue of Time magazine? I hope!! :-)

• Jackie

10.03.2014 at 03:14 Reply

So I know that they aren’t perfect dupes, but I use my Stila in the Light palette to do this look. I use the color bliss in place of quarry and theBalm Bahama mama bronzer in place of charcoal brown. I have scoured the internet for dupes, and I just haven’t found any luck with department store makeup. I love to do this look, so natural and soft. Thanks, Cara.

• karid148

20.11.2014 at 17:45 Reply

I love this look! I just got the stila in the light pallet and was wondering if you could give dupes for the MAC colors in the stila palette?