Celebrity Looks Makeup Tutorials

Marisa Miller

The Makeup.

Here are the products I used:
Foundation: Makeup Forever HD 130 + Loreal Magic Lumi Primer
Cheeks: MAC Brit Wit Cream Blush
Bronzer: Rimmel London in Sundance
Concealer: Laura Mercier Secret Camo in SC3
Eye Shadow: Base- MAC Linen + Fluffy Shadow Brush
Crease – MAC Woodwinked + Morphe powder dome badger brush
Liner – MAC Showstopper + Morphe Eyeshadow badger brush
MAC Smoking + Morphe Angled Badger Brush
Lip Liner: Covergirl Eyeliner in Mink
Lip Gloss: The Balm in Strawberry My Shortcake
Spray Tan: Karli Comer at Wink: 435.231.3899 (St. George Area)

42 Comments

Jessica
    January 21, 2012 at 2:13 am

Love love love! Can’t get enough of your tutorials. What is the lumizer called you mixed with the foundation?

caralynee
      January 21, 2012 at 3:25 am

Loreal Magic Lumi! You will love it!

Jessica
        January 21, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Thanks! Can’t find it anywhere in Oklahoma. Hopefully we’ll get it soon.

Michelle
        October 16, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Could you describe the texture and look of the Loreal Magic Lumi? I bought it this weekend and was surprised to see that it came out of the bottle (even after massive amounts of shaking) very runny and separated (there was a clear liquid and a white goo, but not mixed well together).

Shelby A
    January 21, 2012 at 4:25 am

Is it the Lumi highlighter or primer that you used?

Shelby A
    January 21, 2012 at 4:31 am

Oops… Found it! Thanks!

Michelle Forsyth
    January 21, 2012 at 4:41 am

Thanks for the tutorial, looooooove it. What is the “ashy” colour you use to contour?

Lindsay
    January 21, 2012 at 4:41 am

I love it cara! You have me sold on contouring, I really need to try it! Plus I need to get some of that lumi, looks great! Love your tutorials!

Kristina
    January 21, 2012 at 5:49 am

I found you on pinterest last week and now I’m a follower, love your videos, I’ve learned a lot from them!! Can you recommend a liquid foudation that is not quite as expensive as the HD?

Lisa
    January 21, 2012 at 6:19 am

hey gorgeous! I am so glad i stumbled upon your blog (via Pinterest). I absolutely love this tutorial and have a lot of the products you’re using, however, there’s a few i’m not sure of… is there any way you can list out the products (and brushes if it’s not a hassle)? i’d love to do this look for my birthday next week!

Stephanie
    January 21, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Thanks so much for doing this because I ordered all that make up last week. I realized then I had no idea what to do with it all! I got into ur blog bc my cousin said I looked like you. I am now addicted!

Melaniey.
    January 22, 2012 at 2:52 am

I’m freakin obsessed! I’m from STG…but I live in Alabama now and i’m sure we have mutual friends for sure. Can you recommend some good colors for contouring? I look like a hot mess when I try.

caralynee
      January 22, 2012 at 7:59 pm

YA For SG! I am so happy you like the blog!
      OK I know it is a pain that I can’t just name a color for that. I made the color I use out of a few different eye shadows I had because I couldn’t find a color that worked for me! Really tough to know what to recommend for that, I REALLY wish there was a better product for contouring!

Ashley
    January 22, 2012 at 4:09 am

Which color and product do you use to do the facial contouring?

caralynee
      January 22, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Natalie
    January 22, 2012 at 5:24 pm

I cannot wait to try this! Do you know any eye shadow dupes for MAC’s Linen? I can’t find a swatch of the eye shadow anywhere!

caralynee
      January 22, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Really anything that is a ivory gold color. Honestly any shimmery cream color would work

Rachel
        January 23, 2012 at 4:15 am

Hey! Just a heads up…I went to MAC today looking for the color Linen and was unfortunately told it was discontinued. I have another MAC goldish color called “All that glitters” that i mixed with “Shroom” to lighten a little and it seemed to work really well 🙂

Jenni
    January 22, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Great look! What eyeliner pencil did you use?

caralynee
      January 22, 2012 at 7:56 pm

MAC Teddy

Alexia VanderVlucht
    January 23, 2012 at 2:14 am

OK… so I am now obsessed with your blog. I am actually a cosmetologist, so I’m not a complete loser when it comes to make up, but you have gotten me to try so many new things and I can never go back!

#1: I took your challenge of ditching my Bare Minerals foundation and trying the makeup forever HD and I really like it!! It’s so light feeling and seriously stays ALL DAY!

#2: I have blue eyes and took your advice to use a dark brown liner instead and black and wow, what a difference!

#3: I have two lil baby boys at home with me all day so I have done the 60 second smokey eye technique every day since you posted it! Lifesaver.

Thanks so much, can’t wait to see what you teach me next 😉

Ashley
    January 23, 2012 at 5:05 am

Thanks for the amazing tutorial! I am learning soooo much from you! I would love a tip for people {like me} whose mascara run underneath their eyes, even water proof. Thanks for being so fab!

melissa
    January 24, 2012 at 7:14 pm

ok, this is more about the hair, so i watched your tutorial and your other ones as well. in your hair blogs a few times you talked about having your hair last 2 days. i just recently started using dry shampoo and washing my hair every other day (very hard for me and my germaphobe ways haha) BUT my problem is that my hair kinks really really easily. i put it up even for 5 minutes and i get a kink! so, my question is how do i sleep so that my hair can actually last 2 days? i have a hard time sleeping with it down, and my part goes really far back from when i was little and my mother always parted my hair completely back, so when i sleep that somehow always shows up and its hard to cover it back up even with teasing. i prefer to sleep with my hair up. but that leaves kinks…. what is the solution??

Jessica jones
    January 26, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Love the marissa miller hair!:) what product did you use in your hair before curling?

Kaite Turner
    January 27, 2012 at 3:17 am

I just wanted to say I loved your marisa miller hair tutorial! I was able to copy it and have fabulous volume. I have recommended your site to friends and look forward to seeing more!

Diana Cogdill
    January 29, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I’ve been trying to follow you on pinterest, but I can’t find you! How can I look you up?

Ginger
    February 3, 2012 at 6:44 am

I have looked everywhere for the marissa miller hair tutorial but I can’t find it.. Can anyone help?

Devin
    February 6, 2012 at 5:40 am

Where can i find this lip gloss? I love it

Jackie W.
    February 6, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Hi! I love your blog, I think I pinned all your videos and tutorials! I have long hair I think exactly like yours, and I did this method yesterday and it was definitely VOLUMINOUS, however how do you do the back? The sides of my hair looked great but the back was so messed up and weird. I just can’t maneuver back there and my hair is super long so it was so difficult! help?

Alis
    February 7, 2012 at 1:39 am

Alright My Dear… Love this makeup tutorial!! I have done it a couple times and it looks awesome! But I have one issue.. On my cheeks my bronzer and contouring are like clumping up. It is like since there is no powder on top of my foundation it is soaking it up. I normally don’t wear any foundation so all I had was tinted Moisterizer,(which I don’t ever wear).

Do you suggest a different foundation? I need the coverage just to even my skin tone. Or should I just use Moisterizer and a powder like I normally do to get the coverage? Or am I using too much foundation and my skin was too greasy and soaked up the powder?

Belle
    February 14, 2012 at 8:06 pm

wow! you are SO incredible! I found you through your amazingly talented cousin, Lu, and she’s right you are ridiculously gorgeous!! not fair! 🙂 and I like so many, am totally obsessed.

so, a couple ?’s for you–
    1. what dark brown shadow would you recommend? they don’t have Showstopper anymore…a dark grey brown, golden brown, plum brown? so many dark ones, and I do need a good dark brown anyway, believe it or not I don’t have one!
    2. will you do a hair tutorial on your amazing color? is it the nutrisse color (soft black) pictured?
    3. also, a hair tut for styling it in this makeup video? I know you did the one for Marissa, which is to die for! your hair in the makeup video is a beautiful everyday look, which may be simpler? and faster so I might get it done more often. so pretty!
    4. do you have brush storage holder you like? I have been looking & looking with no luck.

Thank you for sharing all your genius!!

caralynee
      February 15, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Thank you so much Belle! How amazing and gorgeous is Lu!?
      1. I love espresso from mac it rocks! Its just a really rich brown.
      2. I will and I’ll post it today:)
      3. Yes, it’s basically the same as marisa hair with a few short cuts.
      4. I have a brush apron I use from o.co…sorry I with I knew more!
      Thanks again!

Joelle
    February 18, 2012 at 3:14 am

I cannot even tell you how HAPPY I am that I found your blog (on Pinterest)! I have learned so much from your tutorials. I have purchased almost everything on your make-up list. And now I am broke. Ha ha. But looking so beautiful! Just changed the colors of blush and lip gloss to match my coloring (red hair). Because of you I have a new and fresh look and I feel so good about myself. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with us!!

alex
    February 25, 2012 at 9:43 pm

oh my goodness, how are you so PERFECT!
    ever since i dyed my hair black (garnier’s “soft black” — same stuff you use!) i’ve been dying to get this hair/makeup.
    thanks for the inspiration/how to 🙂

-alex

Jourdin
    March 4, 2012 at 12:24 am

Love your tutorials! It’s always fun to have fresh new makeup and hair ideas. You should consider recreating a Carrie Underwood hair and makeup tutorial. I just love her natural, put- together look, even though I’m not a blonde:) keep up the good work!!

caralynee
      March 6, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Love her! Yes I will get that on my list !

Stephanie
    March 5, 2012 at 7:22 pm

I went to MAC and bought Brit Wit this weekend and I absolutely LOVE IT!!! It gives me the best natural, flished look and a little bit of a glow that I wasn’t getting with just a powder. Thank you for the suggestion, as I would prob have never tried it otherwise.

Ali M
    July 8, 2012 at 7:11 am

I just tried this technique and I love it! I have to say it does take quite a long time and I have never burnt myself so much in one hair session but it really is beautiful, beachy and effortlessly sexy. My husband loves the look too!

Bentleysmommy:)
    March 17, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Hi! Love all your tips! I have a few questions:/ first, where can I find the balm products?!! And second Everytime I do any sort of eyeshadow I feel it looks powdery and not like that nice wet look almost. I even use the urban decay eye potion. What an I doing wrong? Thanks so much!

Katie
    April 12, 2013 at 2:15 pm

I tried this and it is amazing! Not only where the results beautiful voluminous beach waves but it stayed for 3DAYS!! I used dry shampoo one the third day and it was fabulous. Thank you so much for this great hairstyle!!