My Life

Clear eyes, Full hearts, Can’t Lose.

I believe that there are two types of people in the world.
Those who know and love the TV series Friday Night Lights and those who have never really given it a try.
To my brothers and sisters who are already believers I’d like to congratulate you on your exquisite taste, we share a bond through the Dillon High Panthers that is by far stronger than with the people we actually went to high school with.
To those of you who haven’t yet tried it (and by try it I mean at least 3 episodes back to back starting with the first season) I understand that most people are very resistant to open their heart to it, me included. The reasons for which I have analyzed in depth. I would like to take a moment to fend off your fears and, hopefully, bring you over to the other side.

REASON 5 : It’s NOT Just a Lame Spin Off from The Movie “Friday Night Lights”

We have seen it before as a pathetic effort to keep the dream alive a TV series is made about a movie. (Clueless, I am looking at you) It’s like the movie only it never ends and none of our favorite actors are even in it. Not very attractive.
What you need to do is just forget the movie ever existed, on it’s finest day it couldn’t hold a candle to the tv show.

REASON 4: You can love it  if you don’t love (or even like) football.

It’s not just about football. In fact some football obsessed folks watching it might be a tad disappointed that it has more other stuff in it.
Stuff like: family, loyalty, friendship, Texas and a whole plethora of heart. The football stuff is fun, though, and is guaranteed to keep the males in your life interested.

REASON 3: No matter who you are, you are bound to relate to at least one of the characters.

Unlike your everyday 90210, these people are so real and so relate-able. By the end of the series you will be rooting for every single one of them.

REASON 2: This is NOT just like all the other sports shows.

A fact that my Netflix still hasn’t figured out considering as it has “Go Tigers” as my #1 pick for “Shows Cara might like”
You know how they go….
The underdogs, who have enough heart to out weight their lack of skill and size, struggle but after a musical montage and a fresh batch of new uniforms ultimately become the champions. I happen to love it but it’s not one you are ALWAYS in the mood for and it is not what your gonna get here.

Reason #1: HOTTIES!
Feast your eyes on Tim Riggins.

January 19, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Texas Forever! Dang, I love me some 33.

January 19, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Way to represent! It’s just so… real. I found myself not caring so much about what was going to happen, it’s more like I wanted to spend time with these people (no matter what they happened to be doing) because they were so real to me I loved them like friends (yes, I was into it). I testify that this show is infinity times more real than reality TV, and probably more real than most of our own lives. People don’t give it a try because sometimes, as critics have said about FNL, a show can be too good to be embraced by the masses. I appreciate your loyalty, Cara! Texas Forever!

January 19, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Friday Night Lights! I will forever be a fan! I wish it was still on! And Tim Riggins…mmm!

January 20, 2012 at 12:01 am

I am unfortunately one of those that have not seen the show but with your recommend, im definitely looking into it.. Promise!!! Speaking of recommend… Im in the market for a new blush!!?? Suggestions??? :):)

January 20, 2012 at 12:28 am

Love the panthers. Love you.

September 2, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Kelcey, thanks so much for that Anna Quindlen quote- I have tried to exserps the same thing before, but never half so well.Happy birthday to Harlowe and Chase! Congrats for getting IN a photo or two with the kids, that’s something else I never manage to have done when I look back.And FNL is sooo not the same without my Timmy.(and one is still very very little what a year you’re about to enjoy with those babies!)xo Amy[]

January 20, 2012 at 1:22 am

Friday Night Lights is a great show! You gotta love Tim Riggins! I love your posts! I can’t wait to see the Marrissa Miller Make up! Maybe you should do a Minka Kelly tutorial 🙂

January 20, 2012 at 3:17 pm

That was my favorite show & so dissapointed they canceled it. I live in Austin where it was filmed & got to see and meet some of the cast in restaurants & bars around town. It was such a great, touching, smart show & one I’ll never forget!

January 21, 2012 at 12:37 am

THAT’S AWESOME! Did you ever meet Taylor!?

January 23, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Nope never that lucky! I met the coach’s daughter (Aimee Teagarten) & Tyra’s mom. Both very very sweet!

January 21, 2012 at 3:29 am

Youre soooo right! FNL will forever be a classic!!

January 24, 2012 at 2:10 am

First, I stumbled upon your blog from Pinterest and I LOOOOVE it. Please keep it up!! Second, I am obsessed with FNL. You should do a Tammy Taylor makeup tutorial. 🙂

January 26, 2012 at 7:17 am

SO TRUE. I agree with all of it, especially the fact that a viewer doesn’t have to be a football fan, and the fact that…OK, just all of what you said. Hello. =) I think it’s time for a re-watch. Back-to-back episodes all night long!

February 19, 2012 at 5:07 pm

First off I looove your blogs, keep up the great tips! Second, I have to say I am obsessed with this show, it is just so real and you can’t beat that 🙂

February 24, 2012 at 5:41 pm

FNL will forever be one of my all time favorite shows! It’s the ONLY show that can make me laugh on second and be in tears the next.(: It’s like a tub of ben and jerry ice cream… great for heart ache, happy times, or just a tasty treat to end your week. I say “clear eyes, open hearts, can’t lose” to all my siblings before they play their sports games now. lol. i LOVE it forever! Thanks for getting your opinion out there! EVERYONE should watch it at least once!

March 13, 2012 at 12:38 am

i can’t believe i missed this post! love FNL. so glad to see it meant as much to you as it did to me! also, taylor/tim riggins is perfect.

August 14, 2012 at 4:09 am

High 5! Best Show I’ve watched in a very long time. Gotta love Riggins!

Katherine Willis
    September 13, 2013 at 10:42 am

I was just looking for your Victoria’s Secret hair tutorial when I saw at the bottom of the page, “Clear Eyes Full Hearts…”. It still surprises me where I see FNL love coming from! I’m on my way to a charity softball game with other FNL castmates for the Gridiron Heroes-a non profit in Texas that helps high school athletes who have sustained spinal cord injuries. Friday Night Lights loves you back, Cara!! -Katherine Willis aka. Momma Street

December 20, 2013 at 9:39 am

I just came across this when I was looking up another of you posts,and I am so pleasantly surprised! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Friday Night Lights. So much that I just finished the whole series a couple months ago and I am already thinking about starting it again. I think when I have kids, I just might force them to watch it with me, cause it is just really freakin good.