AskCara Beauty Basics Makeup Makeup Products

TEN

If my bathroom was burning down and I only had time to grab 10 makeup items, these would be my picks.
This will be a good guide for anyone who is trying to start a basic makeup collection…
Tomorrow I will show you my top 10 brushes and on Wednesday I will do my makeup using only those items.
Don’t worry, I haven’t forgot about Marisa Miller makeup, I’ll post that Friday.

1. $4.29 Rimmel Bronzer in Sundance.
Truth be told I let $30 Nars Bronzer sit on my bench and play this little underdog 9 times out of ten.
2. $28 Laura Mercier – Secret Camouflage – SC3
Best Concealer ever.
3. $29  Makeup Forever Uplight
I love this luminizer, but really, any luminizer will do.
4. $40 Makeup Forever HD Foundation
My FAVORITE. I love the huge selection of color options and the coverage is so natural looking!
5. $7 Voluminous L’Oreal – Carbon Black
If you like huge, thick lashes like I do then you will love this!
6. $28 Sephora – Moonshadow Baked Pallet
So many gorgeous basic colors in one ultra affordable collection.
7. $15  MAC – Eye Kohl – Teddy
Perfect color! Just dark enough to define the eye without looking harsh.
8. $5 Cover Girl – Eye Pencil – Mink or Smokey Taupe
I use this to line my lips…sound crazy but it is the perfect neutral to give me a base for any color and the depth contours my lips into looking HUGE!
9. $15 MAC – Eye Shadow – Charcoal Brown
I use this to define my brows. It’s great because it’s ashy.
10. 19.50  MAC – Creme blush – Brit Wit
This color is so natural looking and gives you the perfect amount of radiance without looking too “blushy”

18 Comments

tiffani
    January 16, 2012 at 8:54 pm

hey. i’m grateful you made this list. thanks.

Desiree Erdmann
    January 16, 2012 at 9:12 pm

found your site thru pinterest. Love it! I just purchased some of your 10 favs. I enjoyed watching all your vids, thank you for helping with the tips 🙂 Keep them coming!

Alicia Monroe
    January 16, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I found ur site via Pinterest as well! I love everything hair and makeup so I’m officially addicted to ur site! Thanks for sharing and videoing everything:) Ur top ten is very helpful! Thanks for posting brands that really work!

Lori
    January 17, 2012 at 12:02 am

I can’t wait to try some of these … the bronzer and the foundation, I think.

Krista Reeves
    January 17, 2012 at 1:41 am

Hey Cara, which finish and color do you use in your uplight? Thanks for all your tips. LOVE your site and so glad I found you on pinterest.

A Brit Greek
    January 17, 2012 at 8:38 am

Great list of products… Also cannot live without a good silky eyeline/kohl pencil like Clinique quickliner!

I just discovered you via Pinterest… Seriously I thought you were an Angel too in that photo – looking super stunning in the hair tutorial girl! Thanks for sharing!

Ciao Bella,
    x.o.x.o
    @ABritGreek

Wendy
    January 18, 2012 at 3:10 am

I also found you through Pinterest! Love, love, love your Marisa Miller tutorial! Thank you!

Lyndsay
    January 18, 2012 at 5:43 am

This is perfect!!!! I love it thank you so much!!!

Katie
    January 18, 2012 at 5:09 pm

I love this post!!!

kristen
    January 19, 2012 at 10:44 am

I LOVE YOUR BLOG! I found it a couple days ago and have been telling all my friends about it! So, I have a question for you… I’ve tried the carbon black voluminous and I love the color but it seems to collect under my eyes really badly after wearing it for a couple hours. Does this only happen to me? Or is there a trick to wearing it? I mostly just use the reg black million lashes now and don’t have that problem. Thanks!
    Kristen

Krista
    January 26, 2012 at 3:46 am

The dy before you posted this I literally was thinkin to myself…I wish someone would just show me the basics I woul need for makeup! Um…thank you and I love your blog!

Nicole Hoover
    January 27, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Pinterest was it for me too….and thank God!!! I love this blog and I LOVE all of your tutorials. I bought some of these items as well and they are great, especially the HD foundation!

Dani B
    February 13, 2012 at 12:03 am

I love your blog! I seriously check it everyday to look for new posts. I have bought all the products on your list. I love doing my hair and make-up. Thank you for the fresh new ideas!

Kimberly S.
    February 19, 2012 at 4:15 am

This is great! I love all of your videos. I plan to buy everything on your top 10, but what about lips? What are your “can’t live without” lip products? Thanks!

Stephanie
    July 4, 2012 at 7:09 am

Earlier tonight I got a clownish makeover at the Lancome counter, spent too much on not enough, came home and realized it just wasn’t for me. After finding you on Pinterst (keyword: makeup tutorial) I spent two hours scouring your site, video tutorials, pinterest, fav lists, etc. I’m thinking I may have better results as soon as tomorrow morning, thanks to you.

Shelby
    March 12, 2013 at 5:24 am

What color do you use in the Makeup Forever Uplight? Thanks

London
    December 3, 2013 at 9:38 pm

This looks like some seriously awesome stuff. Thanks for making a list for us newbie(ish) people. 🙂

playbackgammon.net
    May 14, 2018 at 1:41 am

Indeed this is best tips i have ever got from online platform for playing free backgammon online games and these games are of old board games which will help you to increase your patience levels and skills too along with the entertainment.