Makeup Makeup Products

You want me to WHAT!?

Don’t freak out but, I want you to consider trying liquid foundation for Fall.

I know what you are thinking:

“No way, Cara! My Bare Essentials foundation is my life blood. I have been using it since high school and I love it. Plus, liquid is weird and heavy.”

I know minerals are great, I used it them for a long time and I wouldn’t even begin to tell you that you need to stop wearing them. I just want you to TRY this:

Makeup Forever HD Foundation
It is gorgeous and manages to magically cover every blemish while still letting your beautiful skin shine through.
It comes in like 30 colors so you are bound to get an exact match.
Most importantly, I have LITERALLY TRIED EVERY SINGLE foundation at Sephora and Nordstrom.
This one KILLS the competition.

If you get a chance to go to Sephora ask the very nice employee for a sample, she will give you enough for a few uses. That way you can fall in love completely before you buy it.

And fall in love, you will.

August 8, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Your headline was pretty dang accurate! I thought, NO, NO! But if you say so, I’ll try the samples at least, mostly because I just hate an unusual major breakout and just don’t know what else to do!

August 8, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Oh my gosh after asking you what I should do for the Houston humidity…. I LOVE this one! Best foundation I have ever tried by far. Mineral makeup burns my skin… weird huh?

Amie Calico
    August 8, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Amen sister! I’m not going to lie, it super bugs me that everyone is so in love with their bare essentials make-up. Personally it has absolutely no coverage and what it does cover seems to fall off within a couple hours.. no thanks.. Also a great way to apply liquid is with a foundation brush or a kabuki brush. Either is awesome. If you want people complimenting on your skin saying its flawless, just wear some good make up!

August 8, 2011 at 7:15 pm

you are the hottest. ever.

August 8, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I’ve been a long time liquid foundation user… but I’ve used Lancome Tient Idole II. I’ve liked it and just been too chicken to switch it up… but now I’m thinking there’s something better?? How does this compare (if you remember Lancome among the rest)? Thank you for your blog posts!

August 9, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Have it.. Love it!

August 12, 2011 at 4:34 am

I am worried that it will do what they all do to me …. Settle in my lines/wrinkles and make me look older.

August 17, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I just adore this picture of you!

September 7, 2011 at 8:12 pm

I just picked up a sample at Sephora the other day. THANKS FOR TELLING ME ABOUT THIS! I love it! It’s amazing stuff. It’s workout proof, too! (Not that I usually get in full makeup to workout. Just a testament to the staying power.) They also gave me a foundation primer sample and a setting powder sample.! And I discovered that a really good brush makes a big difference. Keep the posts coming! LOVE!

March 14, 2012 at 8:22 pm

How would you compare this to the Bobbi Brown liquid foundation? I saw this post literally a few hours too late! I was just at the Nordstroms and that is what they recommended for me.. but now of course I want to try this one. I typically just wear Dior tinted moisturizer and Benefit bronzer. Thoughts?

August 8, 2013 at 10:41 am

I’ll have to try this! I’ve been using a sample of Tarte’s BB Cream (basically a tinted moisturizer) and I too love it. I had used Bare Minerals for Y E A R S, and while I still use the mineral veil to set the cream, I love the sheer, natural coverage I’m getting. My skin looks so light and fresh. And yes, I’m using a brush to put on the cream, so it goes on super airbrushed and flawless looking. I’m afraid I might be too pretty now.

Heather Baber
    January 5, 2015 at 4:57 am

Woohoo!!!! Can’t wait!

January 5, 2015 at 5:03 am

Uhh…that was supposed to be on the “At Last” post. Weird. Sorry!