AskCara Hair Hair Products Products

Fat Foam: Big Fat Fail.

So ladies. I really took one for the team on this one.

I have been wondering about this so-called miraculous stuff for a while, but naturally I was afraid to try something new on my hair…eventually the promise of great color, shine AND easy mess-free application got to me.

Well they are 0 for 3. My hair has never been so dull and flat and the “foam” didn’t even really foam up, so as far as being less messy? You can ask my sister Celeste (who’s bathroom I used) how that went…

I will do a tutorial soon on hair upkeep in between the salon visits AND I will be sticking to Nutrisse for that!

July 13, 2011 at 8:53 pm

I have used garnier nutrisse to color my hair for years. And just this last time, I used feria… epic fail. And I know what I’m doing so it wasn’t my fault lol. I could see my roots again after two weeks. I learned my lesson and will never stray from garnier ever again! It’s the true real deal!

July 15, 2011 at 5:34 pm

I love your blog….i’m so lazy about getting ready but looking at your blog actually makes me want to spend a little more time. You make it look easy. 🙂 So fun

July 15, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Thanks Brittney! I too need my blog in order to get ready haha!

Audrey - Las Vegas
    July 27, 2011 at 4:19 am

Cara – in my latest Facebook pictures you’ve seen & commented on my hair was actually for the first time not only colored at home with store products vs. a salon stylist & high end hair name brand color, it was done by me, myself and I SHOCKER! I’m the worst at doing anything cosmetic on myself let anything as major as attempting to color my own hair but, I grew tired of paying $100+ to walk away with my roots still showing, my hairline appearing painted on (my scalp took the color more than my hair), my fine baby hairs being a completely different shade (creating the effect of my hairline resending & looking bald) & a week later feeling like it was already time for me to go back in! So I was fed up & remembered a commercial for a foam color & figured I could do that, it’d be like applying shampoo, less messy & I could make sure every strand was covered. So I went with the Loreal foam permanent coloe (blackest black), to my surprise it was super easy to apply, it took 30 min & its been about 4wks & still looks great! No roots, no patches, my scalp was normal, my hairline restored, its super shiny & for a 10th of what I had beeb paying I was floored by how much I loved it & will never go back! Its ironic too because I did it just before this post & was going to recommend it to you as a potential topic lol! For $9.99 I can honestly say its the happiest I’ve been with a color experience & the longest its lasted & the greatest length of time I’ve gone so far (still don’t feel the need to redo it after almost 4wks) waking up genuinely pleased with what I’m looking at, how healthy & shiny it is & how day after day it remains constant as to the day I did it, yes & the best part is I DID IT! Check out my FB pics from this last month & you’ll see 🙂 I actually enjoy & look forward to doing my hair everyday. Sorry this is so long but I’m just really happy with the outcome & pleased with myself for having done it 🙂 I will accredit you though with instilling the confidence in myself to even try thanks to all of my successful attempts inspired by your tutorials on my new found abilities to self beautify 🙂 love your stuff my dear!!!! Thanks again 🙂

January 21, 2012 at 4:56 am

Is this the color that is on your hair? Soft Black? I have pretty dark hair naturally but like to go just a little darker with color. I am considering starting to color it myself….and I love your hair color! I also am curious to know what shampoo and conditioner you use. I have been using Redken, but am not sure that it’s worth the hefty price tag. I like your blog because you tell us when things are just as good in the cheap version. So PLEASE help with all things hair 🙂

Amber Church
    January 26, 2012 at 8:14 pm

First off, Ijust discovered your website and like everyone else, I love it!!! Right now I have chunky blonde highlights in my dark brown hair. Its been that way since 2005. So by now my hair is not in the best condition. I’ve pretty much always been blonde, exept when my husband went back to school for 5 years and I couldn’t afford to keep it up properly. But for me i’de rather have dark healthy hair than blonde damaged hair. I’ve been contemplating the change for a while now, and your hair has convinced me that now is the time! I was wondering if the Garnier 20 soft black is the color you always use? Thank you so much for all your posts!!!! So helpful and fun!!!! Amber

March 2, 2012 at 4:52 am

I have used the John Frieda Precision Foam Colour and absolutely loved it. It is a little more expensive but I have really thick hair and I usually have to use two bottles of hair dye and I only need to use one bottle of the Frieda hair dye. It foams up so amazingly and I have never had blotches since I have used it. I has completely won me over. You should give it a try.

August 23, 2013 at 3:45 pm

I use the garneir nutrisse in soft cola( darkest brown). I love it ! Tried the new olia, not a fan at all.

August 23, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Sweet cola not soft cola