Foundation Week: Day 2. Q&A

I need a concealer that stays put and doesn’t rub off when I touch my face, does this exist!?
Yes! Kat Von D’s concealer was originally created to cover tattoos, but it is quickly becoming a favorite for covering just about anything on your face:) It will absolutely stay where you put it until you wash it off.

I need one product that will cover dark circles and blemishes!
I got just the one for ya! Probably my favorite product I own. Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage. It has two different colors one with a more yellow base for circles and you can mix the two to create the perfect color to cover any blemishes. Plus I use it as a eyeshadow base and for highlighting.

how to make pores look SMALLER!
OK this stuff from Clinique will knock your socks off. Rub it on and watch your pores VANISH into thin air. It is incredible

May 18, 2011 at 6:18 pm

I’m making a birthday list – do you think I’d be the SC-3 for that Laura Mercier Camouphlage?

May 18, 2011 at 6:22 pm

yep that will work perfectly for you!

May 18, 2011 at 6:55 pm

I seriously love this blog. You are gorgeous! My question is…do you wear a liquid foundation or a powder or both? I’ve tried all three. I just wear a powder right now, but I feel like my makeup is totally off by the end of the day, or sooner. I just don’t know how to make it last better.

May 19, 2011 at 1:21 am

Someone told me today that my make-up looked beautiful! I of course gave credit where credit was due and told her about your blog. Thanks for all your great tips!!!

May 19, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Yay! Thanks Katie! What look were you doing?

January 12, 2012 at 11:39 pm

What is the Clinique product for the pores? The link takes me to the Clinique home page?

January 19, 2012 at 12:54 am

I was wondering, too!

Rebekkah Gericke
      February 9, 2012 at 3:47 am

Me too! I am loving (and quite addicted to) this blog. I literally am taking notes! How ridiculous 🙂 But I really want to know about this product. I’m 21 years old and for whatever reason my face has decided that it didn’t care to break out during my teen years but would rather now! So frustrating! So, with that said, any recommendations in this area are appreciated!

July 22, 2012 at 11:24 pm

I am wondering about the Clinique product too!!! I feel like I have giant craters on my nose/cheeks/chin because I haven’t found anything that works to minimize my pores. I would love to know what product you are talking about! And BTW, I LOVE your site!

Laura S.
    September 2, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Ditto here, on the Clinique. I got a thing in the mail yesterday on a new product of theirs that claims to disappear pores.”Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfecting Makeup”. Is that the product? (I’m getting a sample today)

November 10, 2012 at 7:43 am

I would also love to know what the Clinique product is!

Laura S.
      November 10, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Just realized that I never followed up. I did try that new Clinique pore refining foundation but I cannot recall the name at the moment but.. I was NOT impressed. Not only did it not ‘disappear’ my pores, the coverage was almost non existent.

October 21, 2013 at 10:04 pm

I too would like to know. 😉

December 8, 2014 at 3:40 pm