Makeup eating faces unite!

A while ago was one of the warmest days we have had in a while. Which got me all kinds of excited. I put on the new shorts I have been saving since I prematurely bought them in February, did my makeup all bronze goddess-esque and went out and about. Walking around talking to people and smiling at strangers cause, let’s face it, I was lookin’ good.

That is why when I came home and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror looking frizzy and and virtually makeup free. I was thinking “This is what those strangers where looking at!? YIKES!” I knew something had to be done.

The summer and its sweaty heat had done it again. Turned my skin into a makeup eating monster. So I did some research and found a setting spray (All nighter Setting Spray by Urban Decay) that promises 16 hours of fresh faced makeup. In the reviews one girl even claimed to have been dancing, crying and sweating and still came home to a fresh face.

I bought it. I am now a fan. It goes on dewy and makes your makeup last and last. One of my concerns before trying it was that it would leave me feeling sticky or make my makeup run. I am glad to say it did nothing of the sort!
Here I am at the begining of the day and the end of the day (with a 7 month old my hair lasts about 20 minutes before I give up and ponytail it) Oh and I am wearing another version of Kim Kardashian makeup (minus the brown eyes) but I will save that tutorial for a rainy day:)

cass miller
    May 13, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Thank you, Cara! My goodness.. this is exactly what I need 🙂 (and might I add I’m totally relieved that even the sexiest of mama’s still have to pull their beautiful locks up on a daily basis 😉 Glad I’m not the only one sportin’ the bun by noon.)

Brenda Hendershot
    May 17, 2011 at 12:53 pm

This was really great! Learned some new things that I am anxious to try out because you made it look so easy. Thanks Cara. Also, thanks for sharing products that you find! This saves me a lot of time.

May 17, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Thanks Brenda! Love you!

January 15, 2012 at 12:01 am

Have you tried “Model in A bottle?” It’s cheaper and works incredible. My make up artist used it at my wedding and I woke up the next morning looking exactly the same!

January 15, 2012 at 9:55 pm

no but now I DEF want to check it out!

Laura S.
      September 3, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Hillary… can I ask what time of yr you got married in and where? (checking out heat and humidity levels for that Model in a bottle)

Alicia Monroe
    January 16, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Can wait to try this! Exactly what I need!

February 23, 2012 at 9:10 pm

I love your website and you are so beautiful!!! I’m wondering what color you have on your lips in this post, it’s amazing!!

Laura S.
    September 3, 2012 at 1:33 pm

I’d be curious to know if you still use/like this stuff? I don’t know where you are…I’m in Alabama and beginning in May until well into Sept, upper 90s and almost the same with the humidity. Hovering around 80% this past week. Makeup just melts right off. Also, have you tried the Model in a Bottle that another poster mentioned? Thanks for replying!

September 3, 2012 at 4:06 pm

YES! I still love it! I haven’t tried model in a bottle yet but I spent time in Florida this summer and I used this spray and it worked wonders! Definitely worth a try!

January 12, 2013 at 11:00 am

Cara! Soo I’ve been going thru ALL of your posts for the past couple of days!! (I was up last night til 12:30 reading thru them) and I’m still reading…. I’m obsessed!! Thank you soo much for taking the time to help us girls out!! You are truly amazing!! Anyway, I noticed you’re wearing lashes on your bottom lids.. I have NO bottom lashes!! It’s soo annoying… Can you do a tutorial on how to wear bottom lashes?!? Or just tell me how I did it… I know u posted these pictures like 2 years ago but I had to ask because I’ve tried before and it was a disaster… Unless you’ve already done a tutorial, then I’m sure I’ll come across it as I continue reading 🙂 thank you again!!

January 12, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Jamie! Thank you so much for reading!!! OK I TOTALLY feel ya, I have like ZERO bottoms. I have been trying for at least a year to get a product I liked to recommend for these and recently I did! So I am getting together a Vday look and I’ll show you how to do your bottoms to perfection, you will love it, it really makes such a huge difference!!!

January 12, 2013 at 11:01 am

How *you did it…

January 14, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Just a quick note~~the Model in a Bottle Spray is AMAZING!! I have not tried the one you use, but DEFINITELY give the Model a try, you will love it! I live in Arkansas, which has the worst heat and humidity of any place I have ever visited, and it still works wonders! Looking forward to your VDay look!!!

Sarah Marie
    February 28, 2013 at 3:47 am

Your make up looks beautiful (as always!) I just ordered the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray! What lip gloss are you wearing in this picture? I love it!

Kari Anne Duwe
    August 28, 2014 at 8:15 am

Would you still want to do face primer before putting the makeup on?