DIY: Eye makeup remover

Now pull out a pen and write this down because it is a complicated formula.

Olive Oil

That’s it.
Olive oil has long been praised for it’s benefits on the skin. This pure oil is moisturizing, has vitamin A & E, ant-aging polyphenols, has non-greasy properties on skin and last but not least it is CHEAP.

It can also be used for lotion, a deep condition for your hair and anything else you can think of.
I pour mine into a little bottle and keep it on my bathroom sink.

April 25, 2011 at 6:33 pm

I have heard it is great to use when you are pregnant to prevent stretch marks, too bad I didn’t know that until after I had Jack! But, I will try this! Thanks!

April 26, 2011 at 1:46 am

Oh I was SOOO lazy when I was pregnant I could barely muster the strength to shower let along slather myself each day! haha!

Alicia Dunkley
    April 26, 2011 at 8:31 pm

You don’t know me and I don’t know you but my friend told me about your blog and I love it! My biggest challenge with my makeup is I have VERY small features, small eyes, small lips everything! I would love any secrets to make my make up look good! Any ideas?

April 26, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Absolutely! Delicate features are so pretty but when you want to really enlarge them here are some tips. With eyes my best advice is to use false eyelashes. Whenever I put mine on I feel like my eyes double in size. I will be doing an eyelash tutorial tomorrow so you can check that out for sure. With lips something that is really fun is to do a bright color that will really make them pop. People with larger lips can’t usually pull this off as easily because then they over power their face. For summer I am seeing a lot of hot pink lips and I love it, so feminine and fun! Dab a little bit of lighter gloss in the center of your bottom lip to make them look fuller also.

Mandy Merrill
    May 8, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Can you use this as a moisturizer all over your face? And is it better to use olive oil or extra virgin olive oil? I don’t know the diff between the 2 but there must be one.
    Thanks 🙂

May 9, 2011 at 5:55 pm

I would think extra virgin would be the best! And yes! you can use it on your whole face! I do!

August 23, 2012 at 4:54 pm

i’m 16 and have had a little trouble with dry skin and was hoping this would work but will it cause me to break out? because i definitly dont want that:P

March 20, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Hi Jessica probably you already tried or forgot about it, but just in case and for anyone else that gets here with the same question, I have very dry skin (actually no moisturizer really worked for me), and once I tried olive oil it started getting better. Instead of explaining, I’ll let you check the webpage from wich I got the tip.

She uses castor oil and olive oil, but since castor oil was difficult to find where I live I just used olive oil, as Cara says, and it worked wonders for me. In my case my little acne disappeared too, probably because of the warm water towel thing. But every skin is different, so I’d suggest you try it and see if it works for your skin too 🙂
      I tried lots of moisturizers with no results, sometimes the best solution is the easiest and the cheapest!

June 7, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Oh my gosh this is fantastic! You just saved me about $20 a month! Thanks 😀 (P.s. I know this post is really old 😛 I just discovered your blog and I love it!)

November 27, 2013 at 6:23 pm

So I know this comment is pretty late (as in over 2 years late!), but I just wanted to let you know how much I love your blog! I discovered it a couple of months ago and I am obsessed. I check it everyday for a new post :). This is perfect for when I find myself out of eye makeup remover or buy a really bad one. In fact, it’s pretty much all I use now to remove my eye makeup! Thank you!!!

chaussure air max
    August 28, 2014 at 11:54 am

Produits audio Edifier multimédia sur le marché intérieur a été à cheval depuis plus de 20 ans, l’introduction d’une variété de produits sont de très bonne réputation. De la première de 1900 à vendre grande 1000TC classique alors s2000 et 1200T, 1600T, 1900T2.

sacoche louis vuitton homme pas cher
    August 28, 2014 at 11:55 am

Impédance: à ce grand casque européenne 300, et un casque de baladeur impédance est de 16 ohms, seulement; plus grande impédance, la puissance de sortie plus grande nécessite la source, petit appareil de sortie de puissance baladeur, et par conséquent ne convient que pour une faible impédance casque, sinon ils ne pourraient pas se déplacer le son du casque. Bien sûr, il ne fait aucun doute plus élevés casque d’impédance avec une puissance de sortie de son audio tout à fait bon..