Brow School Makeup

Idle hands are the devils workshop.

If you are feeling bored, antsy or highly caffeinated, please, please hide your tweezers.
Take up knitting.

Overly plucked brows are painful to look at and worse to try and grow out.

One such cautionary tale is Amber from Teen Mom (yeah, I watch Teen Mom…So what?) After 2 plus years at staring at her poor eyebrows I finally had my way with her by editing this mug shot.  It felt sooooo good. (I took the liberty of adding some makeup as well)

Your eyebrows are friends, don’t separate them too much or they will retaliate by making your forehead and nose look bigger and your eyes look farther apart.

22 Comments

Kara
    April 14, 2011 at 3:36 pm

You and me both! I’m always looking at brows. Husband thinks I’m weird because most of my statements (while watching the bachelor or other reality TV show) end in, “plus she has bad brows”.

caralynee
      April 14, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Not surprisingly, you have great eyebrows. Speaking of the Bachelor Melissa’s eyebrows WERE KILLING ME! Did you notice?

Shelly
    April 14, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Bahaha That looks awesome! I think most of the teen moms could use your help!

caralynee
      April 15, 2011 at 7:07 pm

Oh I know! Janelle I am coming for you next!

Errin
    April 14, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Cara! Love the blog, I have a request!!!! Will you do a video to show you putting on your foundation and any primers and what kinds you use and any blushes? This is where I am lacking big time! :)I love the way your makeup looks!

caralynee
      April 14, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Thank you Errin! I will absolutely do a post on that! To me the canvas really is the most important part! Check back next week Ok?

Laurel
        April 20, 2011 at 6:27 am

YES! Please do this post!

Cecily
    April 14, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Cara, I love your new blog and all your posts are great! No shame in watching Teen Mom either, it’s one of my favorite shows haha.

caralynee
      April 15, 2011 at 7:07 pm

Well if you watch it I feel 1000 times better:)

Brinlee
    April 14, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Wow!! She looks a million times better!! Good work! My eye brows need serious SERIOUS help!! Got any tips for growing them out?

caralynee
      April 14, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Hey doll I emailed ya!

Christie Rhoades
    April 15, 2011 at 2:05 am

I so agree, I so dislike overplucked brows… I fear I have the opposite problem I just pluck the strays and wonder if I should do more for shape. Mine are also fading so should I be penciling them?

caralynee
      April 15, 2011 at 2:46 am

Christie! Stay tuned I will be doing some serious brow tutorials and tips coming up soon. I think a natural brow is so pretty though so I am sure yours are lookg great. As far as filling them in I like to use shadow to fill mine in, it looks really natural (I have no brows to speak of) I will be teacjing more about that too soon!
      Thank you so much for your comment!

Lindsey Sullivan
    April 15, 2011 at 2:59 am

Melissa’s eyebrows took her whole face over!! SO overdone. Eek.

Lindsey Sullivan
    April 15, 2011 at 3:01 am

PS, I also hate “pencil/marker” brows! i heart shadow that is just slightly lighter than my natural brow… Is this correct practice?!

caralynee
      April 15, 2011 at 2:20 pm

I agree completely!

Kelley Lilyquist
    April 15, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Took me sometimes to read some the comments, however I genuinely enjoyed the post. It proved to be pretty useful to me and I am determined to all the commenters right here! It’s always good when you can not only be informed, but also entertained!

Emilie
    April 17, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Saved, I enjoy your blog! 🙂

Audrey Collins (Terrence's Sister)
    May 2, 2011 at 5:08 am

Cara! Let me just tell you that your website and tutorials are and have been a life saver! Especially the eyebrow one! I have super thin eyebrows and had always wondered how the girls on TV or magazines got their eyebrows the way they did. I honestly never knew there even was such a thing as eyebrow shadow/powder! I always thought they used a brow pencil or something and I tried it and it looked like I filled my brows in with (go figure) a pencil. Until you! I went to Ulta and got the Anastasia brunette brow shadow you recommended (since our hair is about the same color) and the brush and OMG! I have eyebrows that are filled in and look natural, not drawn on! Thank you so much 🙂 I’ve got your site bookmarked on my phone! I also used your eye shadow application tips from yiur Miley piece and wow, what a difference doing it correctly made! I’m so eexcited now to do my makeup now 🙂 thank you a million!

caralynee
      May 2, 2011 at 3:30 pm

AUDREY! I am so happy you are enjoying it! I wanna see a photo of your new brows! You are so gorgeous I can’t believe how pretty you are 6 months pregnant! its unfair! Thanks so much for the support! Loves!

Mandy Merrill
    May 8, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Any pointers for shaping your brows? Is it better to pluck on top or under? I have heard both. My eyebrow have no rhyme or reason and I would love some shape but do not trust to go into a salon and ask for help!

caralynee
      May 9, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Have you seen my brow tutorial? It is sometimes only necessary to to pluck just under or just on top depending on how your brows grow. You want the shape to be uniform and only curvy at the arch. Does that make sense?